Monday, November 7, 2011

What was I thinking?

What do we do when the storm is so great and all we have is tossed to and fro? Where do we turn?

As the waves crash over my life my mind tells me to panic. But the Spirit says, “Be still and know that I am God.” My life has been very hard. My sin has almost destroyed me. I see how I have been lost – hopelessly lost.  I certainly do not think I know my way, now. One thing I do know is that I don’t know! My sweet Shepherd loves me enough to carry me. He is the Way!

I am often frustrated because He is guiding me through adversity and I want to “kick against the goads.” How much pain do I bring on myself because I kick and scream against the spiky rods that are only there to protect me from the ravenous wolves that are all around.

How could I have been so blind? What was I thinking? My sin was beating me up and I had grown callous. I had become so bitter and hardened because of pain that had consumed me. I was unable to see that I was my own enemy. I was an enemy of God.







1 comment:

  1. Whoa ! well written.

    I too have been there. resisting and fighting his divine grace.. Youre not alone. were never alone :)

    ReplyDelete